1. Can I carry out the job as internship for my university/school?

You can carry out internships in our summer centres. Please contact the Youth Travel Academy to check whether your requirements can be covered.


2. Where can I work?

We offer summer jobs in the following places in Germany:

Stiftsberg Kyllburg (more information about the CampUs-project under: www.stiftsberg.de click the "CampUs"-button).


3. Can I work together with my girl-/boy-/friend?

Generally, we do not place friends together in one destination irrespective of their intimate relations, we do not want to have a team within our teams. We would like you to concentrate on the job and be part of the big team.


4. How many weeks can I work?

It is always better if you are available for longer periods. Short terms such as one week will not give you enough time to fully integrate with the team. Minimum stays should be at least two weeks but we do prefer longer ones. Maximum stays are for the whole season and go up to 8 weeks. For certain positions (i.e. Programme Organiser) we prefer the whole season availability.


5. Do I have to speak the target country language perfectly?

As our teams are international, we need to communicate in the target language (target language is German since the camp is taking place in Germany but English is Camp Language) which invariably English. For the CampUs Junior and the CampUs Girls it would be helpful for some members of staff to at least speak a little bit of German (for Junior Camp: proficient in German!). Our training sessions will be all conducted in English which should not be a problem. Bear in mind that in case of working in the CampUs English you will be the language model for our students, which can contribute to their success.


6. Does the training prepare you for the job position?

Yes, it does. The training is very important to get to know us as the employer, your potential team colleagues and of course the job requirements. Depending on the position there are different training sessions, you’ll find all dates within the job profile.


7. Is the training compulsory?

Yes, it is. We will offer several virtual “blended learning” training sessions in correspondence with your job profile throughout the year. This means that you do not have to travel for the first training since it will be held online. The two day location training is compulsory and on site. 


8. How do I travel to the work place?

That depends on the job and on your current address. Please be ready to make your own travel arrangements. However, we will support you with advice on the best connections etc. We provide a travel allowance to and from the camp. If applicable we will also connect you with team colleagues that come from the same country/city as you so you can travel together. 


9. How can I apply?

Please apply via our homepage (www.youth-travel-academy.com). This is the fastest way to pass on your details to us so we can see if you are suitable for our job positions. You just need to fill in and submit the online accommodation form and attach all the required documents.


10. Is there going to be an interview?

Yes. However, there is no need to travel to Germany for that. We will arrange a date to talk via Zoom.


11. I am younger/older than the age specified in the profile - can I apply?

You need to be at least 18 years old.



12. Will there be a contact person?

The Programme Organiser and our Centre Manager will always be your person of contact. In case he/she can’t solve your problem or if you have questions concerning your contract, please contact theYTA office.


13. How and by whom will I be paid?

Your contract is done by the relevant partner organization of the Youth Travel Academy so dates of pay and levels pay vary. Normally there will be a fixed date for your payment. You’ll find payment and employment conditions within the job profiles.


14. What about board and accommodation?

Full Board Meals and single/twin ensuite accommodation will be provided by us. This also applies for the training events. For the Girls Camp and English Camp, you can find more information about where you are going to stay on www.stiftsberg.de

The customers in CampUs Junior will be accommodated in tents which might also apply to some of our members of staff.


15. Do I need to have a police clearance and first aid certificate?

Our quality standards stipulate that our seasonal staff members provide a first aid certificate, which is not older than two years when starting the job. Furthermore, after signing the contract you will be required to provide a current police clearance certificate. We always need the original document for our files. Make sure you have both documents on time.


16. How old are the children I will supervise?

The age depends on the destination. In general, we have children between 12 and 17 years of age. The CampUs Junior operates from the age of 8 year to 12 year old children.


17. Do I get a travel allowance to and from the camp?

There is a small allowance of 100 euros for your travel costs to and from the camp, but you will have to make your arrangements early in order to secure a cheap transfer. If you are stemming from non EU countries, you will have to make your way to the EU on your own cost and use the allowance for the transfer from the EU to the camp.


18. Do I need to fulfill certain qualifications?

Please check our job profiles regarding our expectations and your qualifications. A very important one is being motivated for the job. We are looking for creative, open-minded people who like challenges. These are not lucrative jobs but you will gain a lot experience within an international team. We are looking forward to your application. We will reply to every enquiry. The more experienced you are the higher your chances of getting the job.